Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue
If anybody knows their way around a festival, it’s Trombone Shorty. Born Troy Andrews, he got his start (and nickname) earlier than most: at four, he made his first appearance at Jazz Fest performing with Bo Diddley; at six, he was leading his own brass band; and by his teenage years, he was hired by Lenny Kravitz to join the band he assembled for his Electric Church World Tour. Shorty’s proven he’s more than just a horn player, though. Catch a gig, open the pages of the New York Times or Vanity Fair, flip on any late-night TV show and you’ll see an undeniable star with utterly magnetic charisma, a natural born showman who can command an audience with the best of them.
Take a listen to Lifted, Trombone Shorty’s second release for Blue Note Records, and you’ll hear that same ecstatic energy coursing through the entire collection. Recorded at Shorty’s own Buckjump Studio with producer Chris Seefried (Fitz and the Tantrums, Andra Day), the album finds the GRAMMY-nominated NOLA icon and his bandmates tapping into the raw power and exhilarating grooves of their legendary live show, channeling it all into a series of tight, explosive performances that blur the lines between funk, soul, R&B, and psychedelic rock.
- High Energy Show:
- Standing or dancing is likely.
- The balcony affords the best visibility for those who wish to remain seated.
Opening Act Notice
- This event may have an opening act.
- Information will be posted elsewhere on this page once an opening act is confirmed.
Event SponsorBecome a Show Sponsor
Plan Your Visit
- By purchasing or attending, you agree to our full TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All Sales Final – No Refunds, Consider adding ticket insurance
- No Exchanges – Except for Members BECOME A MEMBER
- Everyone 3 years of age and older must have a ticket (2 years old and under will not need a ticket as long as they do not require their own seat)
- ID Required for ticket pick-up
- Ticket is for one-time use, no re-entry is allowed.
- Event, time, date, and location are subject to change. Canceled events may be rescheduled and tickets will be honored at the rescheduled date. There will generally be no refunds for dates that are postponed or rescheduled.
- Age-specific discounts, when offered, subject to verification by ID
- Seniors = 65 or better
- Youth = 12 and under
- Student = 17 and younger with valid student ID
- No weapons, food/drink, smoking/smoking devices, photos/recording allowed
- All patrons and bags are subject to search
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject customer at any time
- By entering the premises, you may be photographed or filmed
SUPPORT THE CASCADE THEATRE
The Cascade Theatre is a major economic anchor of our downtown, driving the success of many other community businesses and restaurants. Like most non-profit art centers, ticket sales pay only a portion of the cost to operate and maintain this historic building – making community contributions essential to our success.
Help ensure the theater and our community thrive by making a contribution today.