North State Symphony Masterworks #3: Haydn’s Drumroll
Subscription renewals start August 2nd, 2022
James Johnston, violin | Young Artist Winner
Sarah Harris, soprano | Young Artist Winner
MTAC Youth Orchestra | Yoshie Muratani, Director
Shasta College Youth Strings | Jeff Specht, Director
MARTINŮ – Comedy on the Bridge, H. 251: Little Suite
SAINT-SAËNS – Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso, Op. 28
OFFENBACH – Les oiseaux dans la charmille
TELEMANN – Don Quixote
SCHUBERT – Overture “In the Italian Style” Youth Orchestra Side-by-Side
HAYDN – Symphony No. 103 “Drumroll”
In this quirky and humor-infused program, we highlight our Young Artist Winners, James Johnston and Sarah Harris. We also welcome our area youth orchestras on stage to join us for Franz Schubert’s Overture “In the Italian Style”, a Rossini-inspired work that captures the effervescence of the lively Italian opera overture with beautiful operatic melodies and blazing finale. The evening begins with the whimsical Little Suite from Comedy on the Bridge, an opera where all the main characters get stranded on a bridge. The program takes a twist in Telemann’s Don Quichotte, a sort of musical novel where the over-hyped image of Cervantes’ Don Quixote has a unique take on reality. The first sounds of Joseph Haydn’s Symphony No. 103 will reveal instantly why it received the nickname, “Drumroll”. What follows is a symphony full of imagination and wit that exemplifies a grandmaster of symphonic writing over sixty years in the making.
Event SponsorBecome a Show Sponsor
Plan Your Visit
- By purchasing or attending, you agree to our full TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All Sales Final – No Refunds, Consider adding ticket insurance
- No Exchanges – Except for Members BECOME A MEMBER
- Everyone 3 years of age and older must have a ticket (2 years old and under will not need a ticket as long as they do not require their own seat)
- ID Required for ticket pick-up
- Ticket is for one-time use, no re-entry is allowed.
- Event, time, date, and location are subject to change. Canceled events may be rescheduled and tickets will be honored at the rescheduled date. There will generally be no refunds for dates that are postponed or rescheduled.
- Age-specific discounts, when offered, subject to verification by ID
- Seniors = 65 or better
- Youth = 12 and under
- Student = 17 and younger with valid student ID
- No weapons, food/drink, smoking/smoking devices, photos/recording allowed
- All patrons and bags are subject to search
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject customer at any time
- By entering the premises, you may be photographed or filmed
SUPPORT THE CASCADE THEATRE
The Cascade Theatre is a major economic anchor of our downtown, driving the success of many other community businesses and restaurants. Like most non-profit art centers, ticket sales pay only a portion of the cost to operate and maintain this historic building – making community contributions essential to our success.
Help ensure the theater and our community thrive by making a contribution today.