The best Sci-Fi shorts from all over the world – featuring films from the USA, UK, Italy, Israel, Serbia, France, and India.
Do you still think that you are in control of your life and that you make your own decisions? What about when GPS gives you directions? Or when a streaming music service provides you with a playlist? Technology has become an integral part of our lives and changes our world every day. What happens when it takes control? The future is waiting for you! A list of shows is below:
- A Date in 2025 - USA, 2017, dir. Ryan Turner, 14 min. - In the year 2025, a young man's super intelligent AI system tells him that he must go on a date or face certain death from loneliness.
- The Endless - France, 2017, dir. Claire le Teuff, Nicolas Lourme, Corentin Gravend, Mikel Zuloaga, Edouard Calemard, Romaric Vivier, 3 min. 45 s. - At the top of a tower higher than the clouds, in the middle of a storm, two colleagues face a strange phenomenon in the sky around them.
- Exit Strategy - USA, 2017, dir. Travis Bible, 15 min. - A man in a time loop must work with his brother to prevent a catastrophic fire.
- The Passing - India, 2017, dir. Ankur Kapoor, 10 min. - The humans of the future have embraced an AI controlled utopia. 'The Passing' is a short documentary from that time.
- The Forbidden Man - Italy, 2018, dir. Tiziano Russo, 19 min. 14 s. - Andrea is forced to live in quarantine due to a virus contracted during a space mission. His daughter and his wife must both cope with his isolation.
- The Problemless Anonymous - Great Britain, 2017, dir. Gary Roberts, 13 min. 45 s. - What could go wrong in a world where being perfect is illegal? Ivan has tested positive for perfection. The law states he must attend an imperfection clinic to undertake a test to determine what imperfection he must be given in order to assimilate into the flawed world around him.
- Moon Drops - Israel, Serbia, 2018, dir. Yoram Ever-Hadani, 16 min. - A factory worker assembles an enigmatic machine that produces drops of liquid from the moonlight.
- Product Wars - USA, 2018, dir. Stephan Zlotescu, 9 min. - Genetically engineered mascot pets become the latest craze in this all too possible future.
- Date September 27, 2019
- Times 7:30p
- Venue Cascade Theatre